About the Job
Over the last six years, Clutch, a part of Cox Mobility Solutions Group, have built the leading software platform for automotive subscriptions. Now we are investing in extending the platform to manage and optimize mobility fleets of all kinds. The product will use data and algorithms to determine optimal fleet size and mix, to recommend buy and sell decisions, and to schedule fleet tasks optimally. We will provide this software to a variety of mobility businesses that are deploying fleets of vehicles in innovative ways to change consumer and business transportation.
We are looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our growth in these new markets. Your objective will be to work with current and future customers to shape offerings that meet their needs. Given the emerging nature of the market and our offerings, the role will include aspects of strategy, business development and sales, anchored by the core disciplines of customer-facing product management. You will work closely with the product owner and engineering team that is building the fleet platform. You will also partner widely across Cox Automotive to leverage our customer relationships and assets.
This is an exciting role that has the potential to shape the future of an industry and Cox Automotive’s business.
What You'll Do
- Adopt the mindset of the business owner with the objective of bring a new set of product offerings to market
- Prioritize and set direction: break down the market into discrete, actionable customer-product opportunities then pursue then systematically
- Engage customers, understand their needs, shape their thinking and develop a set of discrete offerings (product, price, positioning, etc.)
- Work with our sales and marketing teams to take the offerings to market
- Work closely with the product owner and engineers to understand what is possible and shape the development roadmap to support the product offerings
- As needed, form partnerships and pursue business development initiatives that accelerate our strategy
- 5 to 10 years as a market-facing product leader, including experience in strategy, sales or business development
- University degree or equivalent professional experience
- Possess the right traits: smart and forward thinking; structured but creative; conceptual and empirical; owner and influencer; tremendous ability to synthesize information; entrepreneurial with business acumen; owner and influencer; intuition for users and organizations; thrive with ambiguity.
- Strong conceptual thinker with ability to intuit customer needs and synthesize distinctive offerings that will succeed in the marketplace
- Expert ability to communicate and influence across the Clutch team and the wider Cox Automotive organization. Develop strong relationships and apply good judgement.
Nice to Haves
- Track record of being a thought leader with recognition as such by customers
- Automotive industry and / or fleet management experience.
- Experience with B2B marketplaces.
- Enterprise / B2B software experience.
- Understanding of financial and valuation concepts such as asset depreciation, discounted cash flows, and option valuation.
Clutch Technologies is the leader in subscription and mobility services software to the automotive industry. Utilizing Clutch’s end-to-end platform, automotive dealers, OEM’s, car rental companies and fleet operators can increase asset utilization, offer new revenue streams and deliver innovative consumer experiences. Clutch, a Cox Automotive company, is recognized as a pioneer in the subscription category and has been chosen, trusted and recommended by dealers and manufacturers across the U.S. and Canada. Learn more about Clutch at www.driveclutch.com.
If you’d like to be considered for the position write to the email below with the job title as the subject.